More than 3,000 restaurants and French embassies across 5 continents will take part in the 4th Good France culinary celebration on 21 March 2018. The event highlights Nouvelle-Aquitaine specialties, from foie gras, duck confit, Espelette chili pepper, cannele cake, colorful fish and shellfish to poulet basquaise. The area is also renowned for its prestigious wine, including Saint-Emilion, Chateau Margaux, Merlot and Sauvignon Blanc. During the press conference, France Ambassador to Indonesia and Timor Leste, Jean-Charles Berthonnet, mentioned that the Nouvelle-Aquitaine was selected to highlight the diversity of French culinary heritage, as it is the first agricultural region in the country with up to 210 quality-certifications for its local products.
In Indonesia, dozens of restaurants will participate in Good France 2018. With the support of Air France, who will also serve French fine dining on board during the event, anyone who takes a photo while enjoying their Good France 2018 meal and post it on instagram gets a chance to win 2 tickets to Paris.
Diners can expect both authentic and fusion French, a-la-carte and set menu. Anigre serves French dishes with local ingredients such as apples from Malang and crayfish from Papua. AMUZ presents classic cuisine as it is their strong suit, while Bistro Baron includes a touch of comfort food in their authenticity. Maple & Oak offers a-la-carte brunch menu. Sea Grain includes French wine pairing in their set menu.
Frank’s Bar & Smokehouse, which normally serves American food, challenges itself by presenting a special menu for the occassion. Similarly, OKU as a Japanese restaurant will add Japanese elements into their Good France menu. Meanwhile, Ninety-Nine uniquely fuses Indonesian and French cuisine.
Participating restaurants in Indonesia:
- Jakarta: AMUZ Gourmet, Anigre Restaurant, Garçon, Olivier, Restaurant Emilie, Avec Moi Restaurant and Bar, Orient8, Bistro Baron, SEA GRAIN at DoubleTree by Hilton, OKU, Ninety-Nine Restaurant, AMKC Atelier, Frank’s Bar & Smokehouse, Lyon, Maple & Oak
- Bandung: Fresco-Hilton Bandung, Oopen Restauant IBIS Bandung Trans Studio, Chep’Nike Kue Manis, Vermont
- Yogyakarta: Le Petit Restaurant Lafayette Boutique Hotel, Mediterranea Restaurant by Kamil, Paprika Restaurant (The
- Phoenix Hotel)
- Solo: Srikandi Restaurant, Andrawina Restaurant
- Semarang: Citrus – Novotel Semarang, La Table Restaurant
- Surabaya: The Consulate, Food Exchange, Indigo, Janggala Restaurant
- Bali: Cucina, Envy, METIS Restaurant Lounge & Gallery, Mozaic Restaurant, Teatro Gastroteque
- Makassar: The Square-Novotel Makassar Grand Shayla
- Manado: Ibis Kitchen Restaurant, Novotel Manado Gold & Convention Center, Portobello “Pop Up Restaurant”
- Minahasa: The Artist Lounge Bar
For more information and complete schedule, please visit goodfrance.com or ifi-id.com